WAYDOO FLYER ONE
Q1: What is the weight of the Waydoo Flyer One?
Q2: How to assemble the Waydoo Flyer One?
2. Attach the Tail Wing on the tail-end mounting hub and tighten the two M6*15 bolts clockwise with the 4mm Hexagon Wrench.
3. Put the Main Wing on the front-end mounting hub and tighten the two M6*24 bolts clockwise with the 4mm Hexagon Wrench.
4. Flip over the EPP Board and proceed to the next step.
5. Installing the PowerFlight Cell: Position the battery compartment upward and reset both Rotary Locks. Then insert the PowerFlight Cell into the battery compartment. Turn both Rotary Locks 180-degree to securely lock the battery in place.
6. Connect the controller (follow the pairing process)
Q3: How to pair the remote controller and the mast？
You’ve successfully turn the battery and the remote ON. Now it comes to paring:
1) battery: short press + long press the Bluetooth button of the battery to change it into paring mode.
2) remote: press and hold the power button and the speed minus button (-) to activate Bluetooth paring function.
If the battery and remote are paired successfully, you will see the icon of Bluetooth disappear on your remote’s screen and the propeller will spin if you gently pull the trigger.
By the way, you will need to complete the paring within 1 min after the battery is turned on, otherwise the battery will turn off automatically.
Q4: What should I do if my WFO lacks power output?
Then check the speed setting mode of your remote. Press the “+” and the “-” buttons to enter the Menu screen. Use “+” and “-” to scroll up and down, and the power button to confirm. Enter the “Mode” setting and see if the limited speed mode is on. Change the setting as you want.
If the problem is still not solved, please stop using and contact after-sales service in time.
Q5: How do I maintain my WFO?
Regularly check the waterproof components (such as the controller, the battery, and the mast head) for damage and the status of each module of the power system and control system.
1. After using the product, turn off the remote/controller and battery.
2. To clean the Power Assembly & Wing Set, align the water inlet of the motor mount with a freshwater pipe, and clean the motor mount for approx. 30 seconds to ensure that the motor mount is clean and free of debris. Next, clean the motor shroud, propeller, and propeller guard. Afterward, clean the mast plug. Make sure to remove any salt, sand, or other debris that is found. Finally, clean the mast.
3. Clean the board, battery mounting position, and the mast mounting base and other parts with fresh water to ensure that there is no salt, sand, or other debris remaining. Wipe with a dry towel and let it sit in a dry environment to remove the remaining water.
4. Clean the battery, battery integrated ports, and buttons with fresh water. Use a dry towel and let it stand in a dry environment to remove the remaining water.
5. Clean the remote control. Pay special attention to the location of the remote control trigger. If you find that there is a jam when pulling the trigger, check whether there is any sand in the trigger. If so, rinse the sand out with clean water.
6. After cleaning, wait for the moisture of all parts to dry before putting the parts back into the package.
7. When storing this product, avoid direct sunlight. Ultraviolet rays and high temperatures will cause permanent damage to the product.
8. To ensure safety, make sure to turn off the remote control and battery when transporting this product.
Q1: How to charge the remote controller？
2. When the charging cable connector is closed to the charging port of the remote/controller, the
charging connector automatically connects in order to charge. The charging time is 3 hours.ther.
Q2: How to switch Speed Limit Mode？
Step1: Press ‘+’ and ‘-’ at the same time; Enter Menu Surface (Power button- confirm; ‘+’
& ’-’ scroll up and down)
Step2: Confirm ‘Mode’ option
Step3: Confirm ‘Speed Limit’ option
Step4: Press ‘+’ or ‘-’ to switch the SL mode to ‘ON’ or ‘OFF’; then confirm.
Step5: Choose ‘return’ option; then confirm, until you quit the Menu surface. ‘K’ on the screen means the speed limit mode is ON. Use the same method to go back to Settings; turn the SL mode ON or OFF
Q3: Why does my remote controller show N/A?
It’s because the GPS signal is weak at the current spot, it may resume if you move to a spot with a better signal.
Q4: How to assemble or disassemble the remote controller?
check video here: Remote Assemble Video
Q5: What is the meaning of the error code on my remote controller?
“Err.2” =SPI Flash initialization failed.
“Err. 3” = Angle sensor and SPI Flash initialization failed.
“Err. 4” = GPS failed.
“Err. 7” = Angle sensor initialization, SPI Flash initialization, and GPS failed.
Q6: What should I do if the remote control connection appears intermittent during use?
Turn on the remote control and check whether the Bluetooth icon is flashing. If it is flashing, restart the battery and pair again using Bluetooth. If the problem is still not resolved, please stop using and contact after-sales service in time.
Q1: How to charge the battery?
2. Make sure the power supply is sufficient. Try with another power supply if necessary.
3. Firmly plug the charging cable into the battery and then place the battery facing upwards on the ground (so the weight of the battery will be put on the plug to keep it from getting loose).
4. Make sure all the connections are tight (the indicator light of the fast charger must be steady blue).
5. Short-press the Bluetooth button to activate the charging mode. (the indicator light of fast charger: blinking blue to blinking green)
6. Don’t charge the battery right after use. (Always charge it when the battery has cooled down to avoid overheating).
Q2: How long should the battery charge?
It takes no longer than 2 hours for a full charge.
Q3: How long does a fully charged battery run?
Q4: How can I know when the battery is running out?
Q5: How do I maintain battery?
2. For long-time storage (over 3 months), please keep the battery level at around 40%-60% (2 -3 blue indicator lights). (not full or flat)
3. Charge once every 3 months and store it again when the battery level reaches about 50%. This will help extend the life of your battery. Never run the battery until it’s completely flat, and always be alert when/if the battery alarm comes on.
Q6: What's the fast charger's light status indicator for?
Blinking Blue – Connecting Mode
Blinking Green – Charging Mode
Solid Green – Fully Charged
Red – Protection Mode
Q7: Why my battery cannot be turned on after installing it into the board?
Q8: How to fix this problem?
Step1: Peel back the top left portion of the sticker in the battery compartment
Step2: Pry up the magnet
Step3: Place a shim under the magnet
Step4: Re-adhere the sticker
Q9: How to replace a rusty magnet?
2. Gently peel back the top left portion of the sticker in the battery area.
3. Take a slim blade and pry up the [old magnet].
4. Turn over the [new magnet]. Put it on the magnet seat with making side B face up. You can use any kind of glue to fix the new magnet (recommend resin glue, soft glue) Then Re-adhere the sticker.
5. Magnet replacement is done.
Q10: What does it mean when the battery fault light turns red?
Check whether the battery level is too low. If the battery is too low, charge immediately. If the problem is still not solved, please stop using this battery and contact after-sales service in time.
Q11: Why my battery can not be charged?
Next, check whether the charger indicator is flashing red. If the charger is in good condition, check whether the AC plug of the charger and the integrated battery port is properly connected. Tighten if they are loose.
Remove the orange O-ring from the battery port to make sure the connection is tight.
If the connection is normal, turn the charger over. Make sure the rocker switch of the electrical appliance is in the ON position and then the battery should be able to charge normally.
Q12: Why does the mast still get power and make a beeping sound after I turn off the battery?
FLYER UPGRADE TOOLS
Q1: What is “FlyerUpgradeTools”?
Q2: Where can I download the “FlyerUpgradeTools”?
Q3: What kinds of app permissions should I give to this app in order to run it normally?
Q4: When should I use “FlyerUpgradeTools” to update the firmwares of my Waydoo Flyer ONE?
Q5: How to update the mast’s firmware?
Waydoo Foil Firmware Upgrade: Learn more.
Q6: How to update the remote controller’s firmware?
Waydoo Handheld Firmware Upgrade: Learn more.
Q7: How to get a log file of my mast? I need to extract a log record to report a product issue.
For Android device: Connect the mast, press the LOG button on the upgrade interface, select the time length of your log, upload and confirm to send it to the back end. You will need to mark down the file name and provide it to Waydoo.
Q8: I tried to send my log file to Waydoo’s back end/Email but kept failing. What can I do?
For Apple device users, please check the “Mail” setting.
Q9: My mast/board and the remote controller can not get paired.
Q10: My remote controller’s screen stays black after getting firmware upgrade. What should I do?
Usually the firmware upgrade app will auto-select the proper version for the remote. If your remote gets the wrong firmware, you can still fix this black-screen issue by re-upgrading its firmware.
Waydoo Re-upgrade a Black-Screen Remote:Learn more.
Q11: “FlyerUpgradeTools” can not find my mast/remote on the list of Bluetooth Devices.
2. Make sure that your mast/remote is powered on and NOT connected to any remotes/masts.
3. Make sure that other masts or remotes are turned off.
4. Re-open the app and click “Scan BLE Device” again.
Q12: I can’t update the firmwares because the app won’t read the Current Firmware Version.
Q13: I stuck at the page of “Handheld/ Foil Upgrade Guide”. The upgrade process won’t begin.
Q14: Can I use a remote controller and a mast that have different batches of firmware version?
Q15: I just replace a new remote controller/mast. The motor of my WFO won’t respond to the remote now.
Q16: I could not upgrade my remote. There is a popup “sending data failed” when upgrading my remote.
Q17: The upgrade progress bar stuck when upgrading the remote.
(2) If the indicator light at the bottom of the remote controller does not flash, you can only wait until the battery is fully discharged and automatically turned off. Recharge the remote controller and resume the upgrade.
Q18: What is the difference between the latest firmware version and the previous versions?
Q19: How do I upgrade my battery？
Q20: How can I know that my battery is upgrading?
Q21: What are new functions added after the battery upgrade?
b) Adding Healthy Discharging: the battery will slowly release electric power to 70% of SOC for safer storage.